Choosing the Right Course for College

Maybe some of you are troubled with choosing the right course that will determine the path that you will take in the future. It is really bothering isn't it? The uncomfortable feeling brought by fear and exasperation. I will share some of my experiences and maybe tips on how to choose and make the right decision. This is in my own opinion only and it is in your discretion to follow.

1. No Buzz! -  Is there someone bugging you and kept telling you that this course is the best course in terms of demands and money making? Of course pinpointing your friends and parents is my first action in presuming the personas and I understand that they wanted the best for you. Taking that point into consuderation but is money and demand always the talk of the evening? Does money always can make you happy? Think of it. Do not listen to the buzz in your ears and listen to yourself and your desire. Think of it as choosing for your best outfit in the evening ball, you discern and carefully think if this will be the best for a remarkable and memorable one time experience. Some will tell you that this suits you well but your preferences really was set aside and you feel uncomfortable and there is no contentment. Relating directly in your course, choose it and take it as the best "outfit" or the best outlook that you prefer yourself to have in the near future.

2. Is it for me? - Weakness and fear. I wanted to be an engineer but I am not that good in math, I wanted to be a doctor but seeing organs and blood makes me vomit, I wanted to be an accountant but my skills in analysis is not that good enough, or in easiest terms, I wanted it but I am not good enough. These will be the words that might be making it difficult for you to take a step in your best childhood dream. I took the course that I knew that it will be difficult for me since the subject or the field of knowledge that it focuses on was the field that I was really having a hard time at. The first thing that came into my mind was I can't, but I can. I can't do it but also I can't let myself be in the position or persona that I was in at the first place. I can improve and I can deal with it in the process. Never let the fear in a subject or field of intellect hinder you in achieving your dream because this can be worked out. You will never know unless you try and if you tried, never give up on trying until you master or achieve it. It is for you, and It is in your hands if you have the guts to risk.

3. Difficult! - Come on! Do not give up on it with the reason that it is diffuclt and you cannot bear with it. Almost all things in life is difficult even if you have golden spoon. It is in the perspective that this difficulty that I am experincing will make things easier in the future. Those dificulties that you have will improve yourself, generate mastery skills, and will make things smooth in the long run. Those concepts, formulas, or subjects that you are having diffculty can be the field that you will excel most because the time that you had invested with it sort of enhanced the skills that you have with it. Seeing that this course is difficult and the discourse that it has, someday you will thank yourself for choosing this course that made you the best or maybe a successful person.

Photo Credits to: https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurendebter/2019/07/31/walmart-amazon-target-ikea-bed-bath-beyond-sued-vintage-light-bulbs/#46b0a074551d

0 comments:

Post a Comment